A unique work environment
Life-work balance; scientific excellence; geoscience for the public good
10 reasons to work for Canada’s Geological Surveys
1. Stable and flexible work environment, good benefits.
2. Excellent work-life balance.
3. Varied work, both in topic and geographically.
4. Great research opportunities – long-term projects, in-depth study.
5. Excellent support for professional development (advanced degrees, scientific conferences, publication in serial literature).
6. Field work concentrated in summer months, balanced with office research.
7. More than just field work and mapping – IT, GIS, outreach, regulation.
8. Opportunities to mentor students.
9. Uses geoscience to directly serve the public, develop policy and to solve societal problems.
10. Great promotion opportunities.